Currently accepting applications for a dispatcher to work the evening shift of 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM for the MTAA Police & Fire Department.
Starting hourly rate of $18.03.
Dispatchers are responsible for receiving, documenting, and relaying to the appropriate personnel incoming and outgoing requests for law enforcement, structural fires, medical and ARFF response. Confidentiality is a must. Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
Some job duties include:
- The use of the phonetic/aeronautical alphabet for communicating and utilizing radio equipment to its fullest;
- Perform entry, update, and retrieval of information from the computer system and some clerical duties that are assigned by management to meet deadlines;
- Answer incoming telephone calls to the department and monitor radio frequencies;
- Maintain accurate, up-to date files and logs;
- Ability to remain calm and to use good judgment when making decisions in emergency and routine situations.